Welcome to St Georges Church School and Nursery
St Georges Church School and Nursery opened in September 2006 as St Georges VA Church Primary School and changed its name on joining the Bath and Wells Multi Academy Trust on 1st September 2016.
The school’s Christian Foundation is a partnership between the Church of England, the Methodist Church and the Baptist Church and its Christian vision and values lies at the heart of all that we do and aim to achieve.
St Georges Church School and Nursery is an inclusive primary school designed to meet the educational needs of today’s children. We are a Christian, learning environment at the heart of our community, welcoming equally, children with a Christian faith, other faith or no faith. We promote care, respect and responsibility, and we expect high standards in all aspects of school life. Our vision is to be a beacon of excellence delivering a world class education. We believe in learning for life and will provide all our children with the best start possible.
- We will create a place of excellence where children can develop their full potential, academically, creatively, personally, physically, morally and spiritually.
- We cater for children of all abilities by offering a stimulating, holistic and distinctive curriculum in an inspiring environment where learning is fun, so that all can achieve their God-given potential.
- We have a first class team of dedicated staff delivering an innovative curriculum in a state-of-the-art building with exciting facilities.
- We believe in the importance of the home/school/child partnership.
- We work in partnership with the family of schools within the Bath and Wells Multi Academy Trust.
We are a strong school community with a distinctively Christian ethos. We have a clear focus on children as individuals and on the development of the whole child – socially, personally, culturally, physically, emotionally, morally, spiritually and academically. Everyone is encouraged to fulfil their God-given individual potential.
We have positive relationships between pupils and staff based on mutual respect, care and responsibility, backed by the support and commitment of parents, governors and our ecumenical partners. All children staff, parents and governors are members of our school family.